In plastic injection molding, like any business, there are many keys to success. The flexibility to meet a customer’s unique needs is important. The ability to hit deadlines by working quickly and efficiently is essential. And a focus on producing cost-effective parts is also critical. However, those characteristics (and many others) only matter if you begin with excellent quality.
Determined to Deliver the Best Parts Possible
Quality is not something that just happens. It takes a consistent, ongoing effort to meet the highest standards, both in terms of processes and finished product. At AIM, we’ve made quality our top priority for more than 20 years.
Some of the elements of our quality program include:
- A unique quality assurance process. To ensure that we always deliver the highest quality parts, our QA process begins with a detailed design review before tooling is committed and changes can be more difficult. In this discussion, we seek to understand the use, the cosmetic objectives, the dimensional concerns, and the interaction with other parts. This initial information becomes the foundation for the formal Quality Plan that governs production of your parts.
- ISO 9001 registered. The ISO standards are sets of criteria for quality management systems. They include a strong customer focus, the involvement of top management in maintaining high quality, and a commitment to continual improvement.
- Advanced enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. We use our ERP system to manage costs while still delivering a high quality finished product.
- Frequent auditing by clients. As you might expect, most of our clients have their own quality standards. We gladly submit to audits as often as needed to assure them that we are meeting or exceeding their requirements and their expectations.
- 20 years in the business. There’s just no substitute for experience. Having produced quality parts for more than 20 years, we have a sharp eye for spotting issues — no matter how small — and the expertise to correct them.
Swearing Off Shortcuts
It’s easy to produce quality parts when conditions are perfect — there’s plenty of lead time, the raw materials have arrived, there are no last-minute changes to the design, etc. However, rarely are conditions perfect.
When issues arise, it can be tempting to take shortcuts to ensure that deadlines are met. We have a “no compromise” policy when it comes to quality. We only create parts following our processes and procedures, and we only ship parts that have been properly inspected.
A Commitment to Quality that Earns Repeat Business
A large percentage of our customers have been with us for many years. They tell us there are a number of reasons they keep coming back. At the top of the list is our commitment to quality. If you have a project in the planning stages and need exceptional parts so you can keep your quality commitment to your customer, we’d love to talk with you about it. Give us a call.